Image Copyright Hydreon Corporation
The RG-11 is a optical water sensor. It senses water hitting its outside surface using beams of infrared light.
There are seven modes of operation which are set using the dip switches located on the circuit board inside the sensor.
- Tipping Bucket
- It's Raining
- Condensation Sensor
- Windscreen Wiper
- Irrigation Control
- Drop Detection
- First Flush / Rain Water Harvest
- Input Voltage: 12 – 30VDC or 12 – 26 VAC
- Output: Relay closure, Normally Open and Normally Closed contacts.
- Max load: 1A, 24 VDC.
- Reverse Polarity protection to 50V
- Operating Temperature Range: -40 C to +60C
Wiring details for Tipping Bucket Mode. Refer to the Instructions
for the other modes of operation.